Thursday, September 11, 2008

Things I Ponder

When we refer to animal (Mammals) eating habits there are three categories that we place them in: Carnivore (only eats meat), Herbivore (only eats vegetation), Omnivore (eats whatever).

And since humans are mammals, would we not use the same terminology? So my question is what makes Humans so special that they can call themselves things like Vegetarians, Vegans, Meatatarians (well that one was used on TV, so I guess doesn't count), and other such nonsense?

If a mammal doesn't eat meat, then it's a herbivore, therefore if a human is a mammal that doesn't eat meat it's still a herbivore...

These are the things I ponder at night when I can't sleep....

1 comment:

E said...

O Michele! You crack me up. I hope you have a very happy Friday, of course tomorrow after work when YOUR Friday starts!